The interactive resource I chose is “How to succeed at University” and I decided to do peer review in two capacities: one is a freshman (a learner), and the other is based on the “Interactive Learning Resource” from EDCI335.

As a freshman, it is important to keep a balance between life and study, because a freshman will meet new friends and societies when they enter the University, so it is difficult to refuse invitations from different people. Therefore, construction time and formation schedule are necessary. The next part is optimizing attention which shows the effects of interrupting attention and ways to improve it. But two points make me confused. The resource describes the three types of memory but doesn’t explain the connection between attention and memory. Also, I spent more than 10 minutes reading the quiz and requirements, but I still don’t understand the options in the quiz. The next part is how to adjust yourself under pressure. I believe that most freshmen are very anxious and stressed before the first exam. The shared video explains why people face stress and I agree with the distraction theory which explains that performance suffers when the mind is preoccupied with worries, and doubts instead of focusing its attention on performing the task at hand. The last part, determine the improvement of yourself, explains the importance of self-assessment to learners, and it can help freshmen learn effectively, set goals, and understand their strengths and weaknesses. In conclusion, the interactive learning resource is helpful for freshmen. I suggest that the group members from pod 3 add a section on how to select courses efficiently. Choosing courses in universities is also a subject of learning, and many freshmen are troubled by the problem of choosing courses, and I believe that success in university requires not only students’ autonomy, but also carefully planned courses and teachers’ feedback.

Based on the “Interactive Learning Resource” from EDCI335,

1. There are no descriptions and rationales for the learning theory and the learning design.
  2. The PPT contains an introduction to the learning context and learning outcomes. The learning outcomes and interactive activities are good and complete, especially the videos from Youtube, which I think are useful and important.
  3. There is no overview of the assessment plan. For example, how you will determine a learner’s final standing in relation to the outcomes or how you set a scoring standard.
  4. There is no overview of your plans to design for the inclusion of diverse learners.

Link: https://www.canva.com/design/DAFDdk9LFoE/YEq9yjxIkO6nIGIpsMnoxA/view?utm_content=DAFDdk9LFoE&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=publishsharelink